Checklist (Postgraduate and Executive Programmes)
1. Submission of Supporting Documents
Certified true copies of supporting documents are required. Applicants should submit one set of photocopies AND bring along the original documents for verification at any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
You should submit the supporting documents along with your paper application form. If you have applied online, please submit the supporting documents within 10 working days following your submission of the IC application form.
Required supporting documents include:
- HKID card (for local applicants) or passport (for non-local applicants); and
- Academic transcripts and award certificates proving the academic qualifications achieved; and
- Certificate/ Proof of English proficiency from recognised public examinations/ English tests (e.g. HKDSE/ HKCEE/ HKALE/ IELTS/ TOEFL).
Applicants of MA Arts and Cultural Enterprise are required to submit a Personal Statement (not more than 300 words) and a Study Proposal (not more than 800 words). Applicants of MA Media, Communications and Critical Practice are required to submit a Personal Statement (not more than 300 words). Please send via e-mail to email@example.com or submit along with other supporting documents at HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
Applicants who fail to submit the supporting documents may result in processing delay of their application.
2. Change of Information
Each applicant should submit application once. If you wish to amend any information or change your programme choice, please submit an e-mail request to IC at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your full name, HKID no. and new choice(s) of programme(s), or if you applied online please forward your e-copy of application form along with your request to the e-mail address above.
Repeated application form will not be processed. Telephone or face-to-face notification will not be accepted.
3. Contact IC
After you submit the application, you will receive an acknowledgement e-mail within three weeks after your submission. If you do not receive further notice from IC one month after your application, please check with the relevant programme administrator. For general information or assistance, you may contact IC general office at 2910 7555 or e-mail to email@example.com.
4. Notes to Applicants
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (refer to Note 2 and Note 3), subject to the School's discretion.
- HKU SPACE reserves the right to cancel a programme/course in cases of insufficient enrolment or unforeseen difficulties arising from running the course. In such circumstances, course fees would be refundable.
- In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS or cheque will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant programme brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme staff for details.
- Payment and enrolment to a programme/course cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a programme/course, the student is not allowed to switch to another programme/course. When a transfer is approved by International College under special circumstances, a processing fee applies. Please check with the relevant programme staff for details.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail. An administration charge applies for each additional copy of receipts. Please consult the relevant programme staff if needed. The receipt(s) is not guarantee that your application is successful.
- If a short course is postponed due to unforeseen circumstances, including staff illness, flight delay or cancellation, HKU SPACE, and parter university if applicable, will make every reasonable effort to reschedule the class or to make up the schedule in the same week. HKU SPACE apologises for any inconvenience caused if this happens and urges you to ring to IC office at +852 2910 7555 if you have any concerns.
- The Director may, at his discretion, refuse to admit an applicant.
Additional Notes to Non-Hong Kong Resident Applicants
To study in Hong Kong, all non-local applicants are required to obtain a student visa issued by the Immigration Department of the HKSAR Government, except for those admitted to Hong Kong as dependants, who do not need prior approval before taking up full-time studies. It is the responsibility of individual applicants to make appropriate visa arrangements. Admission to an academic programme at HKU SPACE Centre for Degree Programmes does not guarantee the issue of a student visa. Applicants may wish to note that courses are generally not considered by the Immigration Department for visa purposes except for self-financed, locally accredited taught postgraduate programmes awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE.